Monday 26 March 2012

IMPORTANT ISSUE RE COMING COUNCIL ELECTION AND THE MAWR WARD OF ABERTAWE

Not wishing to repeat what Gethin has aired in the last post on this blog and waste even more precious time on the 'mad mayor' of Abertawe when I have so much else to do campaign and film wise, I find myself compelled to draw attention to a further attack on us from a Geoffrey Sinclair, a member of the CPRW (Campaign for the protection of rural Wales) see following letter:
"Good for Sylvia to try to put this rant into perspective. And well done Lyn!! How nice to be able to support you, for a change.Without wanting to give offence, I really don’t know where these people are coming from or where they think they are going. I have been actively engaged in the anti-wind farm fight in Wales (and the UK) for twenty years, and not only because I have managed to find a way of getting good people to help pay for it. When I first saw this incredibly passé type of material relatively recently I honestly thought it was a spoof! And I told them so. Talk about own goals!!Ioan, I know you have a thick skin and a wonderfully imaginative line in constructive retaliation, but I do hope you are as sanguine about this disgusting and disgraceful material as it sounds. I usually but not always agree with you but that’s not the point. Where does this spleen come from? Surely not draining all that way from the time of Edward the First?
Geoff"
 
Now, I do not personally know Mr Sinclair, other than he is a 'quest resident' in our nation and that as an employee of the CPRW, he has to be making a valuable contribution to the protection of rural Cymru but, why jump on the Ioan Richards, Lyn Jenkins band wagon to attack people he doesn't know? I scarcely believe that it was because he had been so moved to do so because of my "short, no messing, straight to the point and yes, "red language" if he likes, answer to a number of abusive attacks from Ioan Richards last week. How strange, that Mr Sinclair did not view Ioan Richard's letters to myself as "disgusting and disgraceful material" and this is not the first time that we have had such letters from Ioan Richards and similar ones from Lyn Jenkins - and we are not on our own, many others, anti windmill campaigners and Cymric patriots alike, throughout Cymru have recieved similar correspondence for many years off these armchair pen pushing campaigners but have been too cowed into a corner by their bullying to challenge them. But, Mr Sinclair knows all this very well so, what moved him to launch an attack on me? Would it be anything to do with the three films that we produced as part of our campaige to get Cymric patriots more concerned and involved in the war to safeguard their  ancestral land from the scourge of windmills I wonder? He states in his letter above:
"When I saw this incredibly passe type of material relatively recently i honestly thought it was a spoof! And I told them so"

He's obviously referring to our films that were doing the circuit. I'll come back to that, then he goes on to state:
"Where does this spleen come from? Surely not draining all that way from the time of Edward the First?"
And there we have our answer. He thought Gethin's speeches in the films to be 'spleenful'! Now, Mr Sinclair may have tried to be clever in his choice of word to describe Gethin but, in a thesaurus, 'spleenful can be covered by a plethora of words such as...'fierce, inflammable, hot bloodied, passionate, ratty, sharp tonqued, rash dangerous and so on (go and get your thesaurus to see them all) and yes, Mr Sinclair, after witnessing what has happened to our nation since the Occupation of Edward 1st, we are all those - and more - and have every right to be - and we make no apologies for our passion to you or anyone else.

You state "You told us so"??? When??? I think what you really mean is that you were itching to "tell us so" but did not want to reveal your true 'anti Welsh nationalism' sentiments but then, two Cymry, Ioan Richards and Lyn Jenkins, provided you with the perfect excuse to do so.

To us, it is very important that we get the Cymry abroad to fight their own battles in every part of Cymry for our nation - and it is our nation, our land, to be safeguarded by us, the Cymry, to hand down to the generations of Cymry to come. We will use any form of communication we consider appropriate to do this to get the message home and to unite our people in the war against exploitation of our land, its people and resources. That was the case in 1282, 1400, during the industrial revolution and today. The only thing that has changed is the oppressor and exploiter and the fact that now, it is much easier for us to reach our people with modern technology - such as the internet and film. And we will unite them to fight for their inheritance and a future so that their children, grandchildren and the generations to come can stay in their own motherland if they should wish to do so, to enjoy her beauty rather than be forced to have to leave to seek a living elsewhere. If that's 'spleenful' in your eyes Mr Sinclair then, so be it - because you will see a lot more of it from united Cymry all over Cymru that have many battles in front of us as our water resources are yet, once again, to be plundered under our noses if allowed to.

Now to come back to Ioan Richards, the mad mayor of Swansea and poison pen writer extraordinaire. As I stated earlier in this post, we are not alone in being subjected to his deranged attacking letters. I could give an example where he has viciously attacked somebody who had died and in no position to defend himself but i won't, at this stage, because I do not wish to cause distress to this person's family but I can safely say that the people of Abertawe, and especially his own ward (Mawr) have had enough of his antics and want him removed as their councillor. One Cymric anti windmill campaigner who has also suffered greatly at the hands of Ioan Richards has decided to stand against him this year. We have contacted him and he has given me full permission to use our correspondence on this blog so here it is. The first is my first communication with him:

Annwyl Myron Evans,
I don’t think you know us but we are Cymric anti windmill campaigners who have been active, during the last few months, in drawing public attention to the intended plans re the windmilling of Mynydd y Betws and Mynydd y Gwair. For our efforts, we have had to endure a barrage of poisonous e-mails from Ioan Richards, the last arriving on Friday evening. This is nothing new, we and others – including yourself we know, have suffered this cowardly means of communication from this ‘mad’ councillor for years prior to this present campaign and we now, having had enough, have decided to draw the public’s attention to what type of madman he is during the May council election campaign. Our aim is to ensure that he loses his seat on the council and we intend to do this by supporting one of his opposing candidates in the election. We have been told that you are standing against him, if this is the case, could you please get back to me so that we can have a chat.
Diolch
Siân Ifan

Annwyl Sian Ifan 
Diolch yn fawr iawn am eig neges. For an international readership I am preparing to return my nomination papers to stand as a protest against Ioan Richards, and against all MA development in Mawr. I hope that all the opposition candidates will combine against Ioan Richards to get him out and choose a compromise candidate preferably the Plaid Cymru candidate to whom the Labour candidate and I would give my support, and perhaps also the Tory candidate who got only a few votes last time. I have made a complaint against Ioan Richards to the Ombudsman. The police warned him not to interfere with my views and not to try to stop my campaign using them to do it. I have been opposing wind turbines for fifteen years as you can see from the www.aias.us blog, hundreds of postings. My campaign manifesto is also on this blog. I am campaigning in defence of the critically endangered Welsh language and culture, and to prevent any further MA development in Mawr. This development will destroy the language in violation of the Welsh Langauge Act of 2010. I will shortly organize a petition in my native Mawr against all MA development. It is imperative that Ioan Richards be voted out by a combined opposition candidate, so as not to split the vote. Last time he was elected on only 30% of the electoral register, so not elected in any democratic manner. I rpefer direct government by electronic referendum and a completely new planning system not involving councillors at all. So I urge a large turn out against him and a large vote for the compromise opposition candaidate. Also I advise discussions between the Plaid Cymru, Labour and Tory candidates and myself as independent to choose an experienced compromise candidate who would be effective. So far I have camapigned using my blog on www.aias.us and have strong support. Richards has also sent me what appears to be a solicitor's letter again trying to stifle my views. This was done by recorded delievery. These are violations of campaign rules, and violations of democracy itself. So I might lodge a complaint with Jack Straw, who is in charge of the elections. My first wife was threatened by a developer in a common assault some years ago, and when I tried to buy land here to prevent it being developed I was gazzumped adn teh environment promptly destroyed by development. The police and I have tried for many months to control biker vandalism, I do so voluntarily every day at considerable danger to myself, but I have had no support at all from the Council, which refused to put up gates and fencing. I have been injured once or twice while apprehending these criminals. Do you have e mail contact information for the other oposition candidates so that we can try to agree on a Mawr Alliance candidate against Richards? Otherwise the opposition vote will be uselessly split. I was born here in this house, and I am the grandson of Thomas Elim Jones, Head Deacon of Elim, Craig Cefn Parc. I was raised to Armiger in 2008 for distinguished service to Great Britain in science. The village of Craig Cefn Parc has been almost completely ruined by overdevelopment. All further MA development should be stopped, not encouraged. There are plans under MA007 to develop commonland. This is illegal under Section 38 of the Commonland Act of 2006. Mawr Development Trust told me that it wanted more bikers, and more monoglot immigration. This is a complete betrayal of law and order and almost unbelievable to any Welsh speaker The language here is in critical condition already. There is no responsible government in Mawr im my democratic opinion. 

Myron Evans
Prof. M. W. Evans, Gentleman, Scientiae Doctor
  
Annwyl Myron,
Diolch yn fawr am ymateb mor brydlon,
We are delighted to get confirmation that you yourself or, a compromise candidate is going to stand against Richards. Without doubt, the man is a ruthless and dangerous menace and does far more harm than he’s ever done good and it will be a valuable public service to get him out. We fully understand your reasoning in regards to putting forward a compromise candidate and, like you, we would prefer to support a Plaid candidate, our only concern in regards to that is that Plaid, at present, is pro windmills although, we are working on changing their minds. But, if the Plaid candidate would pledge to support local anti windmills campaigns then we would happily rally support for him or her. I have not had a chance yet to read the archive material on your blog but have read your election manifesto this morning and its ‘spot on’! We agree with everything you state in it although, I will now show my ignorance and admit that I am not familiar with the ‘MA development’ that you refer to, perhaps you can tell me a bit more about this? I was most interested also to read that you are descended from the Hopkin family and from the Princes of Brycheiniog. Very exited about this and, hopefully, we will meet soon and you can tell us more about these connections.
Am y tro.

Sian
 
Annwyl Sian,

It is very important for Plaid Cymru to change its policy about wind turbines. About 95% are against them here, and they are a severe threat to local democracy. MA007 aims illegally to develop the Commonland of Gelliwastad. This is illegal. MA008 aims to build houses on the land of Ioan Richards. These plans are very heavily opposed. I would be most grateful for yoru campaign help to bring my manifesto to all my old and new friends in Mawr, where I was born, here in this house. 

Myron

Myron has also brought out his own petition which he is getting everybody in the Mawr constituency to sign. See following:
I would be most grateful if the action group could make into an electronic petition and collection of signatures initiated, for example using facebook. I will initiate a paper petition shortly.

Yr ydym yn cwyno'n gryf am MA007 Cynghor Abertawe, mae hwn yn anghyfreithlon oherwydd rhydd waun yw Gelliwastad. Yr ydym yn cwyno'n gryf am MA008, ei ddiben yw codi deuddeg neu fwy o dai ar dir Ioan Richards. Mae llawer gormodd o dai yma'n barod. Mae eisiau Cynghorwr newydd ym Mawr i amddiffyn yr iaeth Gymraeg ac i amddiffyn y gyfraith. 
We the undersigned object strongly to MA007 of Swansea County Council, which is an illegal proposal for development of Gelliwastad, a Commonland. We object strongly to MA008, which is a proposal to build a dozen or more houses on property owned by Ioan Richards. There are far too many houses here already. We feel that it is time for a new County Councillor to be elected for Mawr, one who can protect the Welsh language and maintain law and order. 
  
Many residents have signed already, in only an hour or two, so the deep unpopularity of the encumbent Councillor is obvious. There is almost unanimous opposition to development that will ruin the Welsh language. Wind turbines are detested with all heart and soul all over South West Wales. I will traverse my native Mawr systematically over the coming months and see many of my old and new friends with the petition. Feel free to put any of my material on your blogs.
Myron


As I stated above to Myron, if a Plaid candidate stands and will agree to fight against any Windmilling in that ward then we will happily go and canvas for that candidate to get this unscrupulous man out of his seat and now that you all know the full story as to what's going on and would like to support Myron's petition, he will be placing it on line by Wednesday and we will send you the link so that we can all then pass it on and place it on our facebooks.

Film 4: 'Mynydd y Gwair 2012 - The Red Pitchfork Land & Liberty Campaigns Continues' will be released by Friday this week (30th March) 
Siân